Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SUPERVISOR, HR DATA AND BENEFIT SUPPORT (P4977)
Deadline: March 10, 2021
This posting represents a temporary full-time leave replacement effective until December 22, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, HR Shared Services, the incumbent provide professional expertise and leadership to staff and unit members on data and benefits matters. He/she acts as a resource person with matters related to data integrity and provides support, training and guidance to the HR Data and Benefit Support staff.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the HR Data and Benefit Support unit and its related staff; provide assistance, guidance and training to HR Data and Benefits Support staff on new and modified procedures.
- Recommend to the Director, shared services targets for service excellence, and ensure all administrative activities are efficient and coordinated to minimize cross-service duplication.
- Act as a lead role in administrative process and procedure improvements across the Data and Benefits Support unit; ensure optimal employee experience in relation to Benefits and Data administration; this includes the manner in which employees are receiving information.
- Hire, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate the Coordinators, HR Data and Benefits Support, ensuring appropriate level of service in all areas.
- Develop, revise and implement processes and procedures in line with unit objectives.
- Ensure that the HR processes are followed and applied accurately; verify that data is coded appropriately across the team.
- Coordinate daily work activities of the unit. Organize and prioritize HR Data and Benefits Support unit workload; monitor status of work in progress; and audit completed work by following a peer review process.
- Establish strong links with internal HR units in order to address recurring issues and with other internal stakeholders such as department unit heads (ex: paperwork issues related to Hires, extensions, terminations etc); ensure seamless administration from employee master creation to termination.
- Investigate and analyse problem cases, formulate recommendations and implement solutions; liaise with Benefits Specialist on matters related to plan administration /outside scope of the Benefits support unit.
- Act as a resource person for the University regarding the HR Data & Benefits Support area, e.g. data format, data input sequence, data integrity, etc.
- Assist internal and external auditors during audit process by providing documents, reports and other HR Data and Benefits Support reports upon request; implements procedural changes recommended by auditors.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects as assigned by the Director, Shared Services.
- Ensure the efficient operation of HRIS as it relates to HR Data and Benefits Support in collaboration with the Director.
- Propose enhancements to HRIS processes and procedures to create efficiencies and enhance employee service delivery implement proposed enhancements and ensure that all staff is aware of any changes to procedures and processes in the HRIS.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field pertinent to the primary responsibilities with two to four years of experience preferably in Human Resources, with at least one year of experience in supervising employees and providing technical support and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of employee benefit plans and workforce management (position control)
- Good knowledge (Level 4) written and spoken English in order to provide detailed explanations and reports on complex matters. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French in order to communicate with clients effectively
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word, Excel, and Access in order to create and format documents, spreadsheets and databases; some knowledge of financial systems.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, and ability to synthesize large volumes of data with an eye for details.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong ability to prioritize tasks and to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously.
- Experience in the operation of a recognized automated HRIS system.
$74,803 - $86,751 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities