Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (P1720)
Deadline: February 12, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Services, the incumbent acts as a technical expert that is responsible for the design, administration and support of IT authentication and collaboration services. He/she serves as a technical expert in his or her field and a reference in terms of expertise for other team members.
- Coordinate operational and project activities as assigned by the Manager, Infrastructure Services
- Maintain awareness of server and other infrastructure technology and software; recommend assimilation of potentially useful products or services into supported product line.
- Implement firmware, operating system and application updates and upgrades, including applying patches.
- Design and implement new server and infrastructure hardware and software which: have been optimized with regards to system reliability, availability and maintainability (e.g. maintenance windows, backup schedules, monitoring software).
- Ensure smooth system(s) operation which includes systems monitoring and performance tuning activities.
- Maintain and support in-house systems; follow institutional and industry standards for proper DRP and IT security practices
- Define IT asset management and lifecycle management practices; define ITSM practices and that processes are followed, for optimal service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate clients’ current hardware and software implementations and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Assist in the selection and purchase of infrastructure hardware and software.
- Assist in producing documentation.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with four to seven years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience installing, configuring, optimizing and securing server systems such as Linux (RHEL), Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft IIS, Apache Web Server.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with authentication, communications and collaboration systems such as Microsoft Exchange (email), Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience working within ITIL (or equivalent) framework (Incident Management Change Management, Release & Deploy Management, Problem Management).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with network protocols (e.g. DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent knowledge of and working experience with VMware or other server virtualization platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of and working experience with SAN/NAS storage infrastructure solutions.
- Experience working with network devices as well as server and PC hardware (e.g. RAM memory, disks).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English, able to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions and able to prepare detailed documentation and correspondence; knowledge of written French is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a technical lead in multifunctional teams involved in large scale IT Projects
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Highly disciplined in managing multiple projects and is able to prioritize activities and give guidance to intermediate level personnel.
$86,364.71- $103,170.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 12, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities