Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GRADUATE SERVICE TEAM ASSISTANT (P4773)
Deadline: April 22, 2021
This posting represents a temporary replacement effective until April 29, 2022.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Undergraduate and Graduate Service Teams, the incumbent maintains graduate student records and performs the assessment and follow-up of graduation applications.
- Evaluate graduation applications and determine whether the applicant has satisfied all requirements to obtain a certificate, diploma or degree.
- Update and maintain the advisement report on the SIS.
- Interpret and validate decisions on internal documents from various sources; update the graduate student record using the Student Information System (SIS) and correct errors that are identified, including admission-based data.
- Respond to requests and resolve issues for graduate students, School of Graduate Studies, the Faculties, staff and external institutions; refer students to appropriate source as required.
- Confer with academic departments and the School of Graduate Studies with regards to student record and graduation related matters.
- Build graduate Independent, Interuniversity (INTU), Visiting and Exchange student programs, correct and adjust deferred admission requests, process registration, transfer credits, withdrawals, change of concentrations, leaves, etc.
- Verify that all supporting documents required for a graduate student’s file are obtained and readily retrievable.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to respond to general inquiries.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create and update documents) and Excel (to filter and sort data).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE247-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.93 to $30.78 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities