Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FINANCIAL AID AND AWARDS
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P4507)
Deadline: July 21, 2021
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, the incumbent provides front-line customer service for provincial, federal and US financial aid, Concordia and external awards programs and supports the daily operations of the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
- Respond to inquiries on Financial Aid and Awards programs.
- Assess the situation and inform students on the most appropriate procedure to take in order to complete their financial aid or Awards application.
- Receive and review applications for Financial Aid and Awards. Verify and process various types of applications ensuring the completeness of files.
- Verify and certify documentation related to Financial Aid and Awards. Update government financial aid database fields as required.
- Verify student aid eligibility by extracting and interpreting information from the Student Information Management System as well as various government student aid database.
- Dispense loans and bursaries and other documents to students, including claiming a portion of the students’ funds to apply against an existing balance in a student’s account.
- Assist in the development and delivery of workshops. Assist with the content of marketing materials.
- Provide day to day administrative support for the unit including maintenance of student files.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two-year DEC) and one to two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty as well as members of Financial Aid and Awards governing bodies; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to provide general information and respond to routine questions.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (to create and update documents, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to act as a commissioner of oaths.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A. The associated salary range is $26.60 to $31.58 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 21, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.