Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P4934)
Deadline: January 25, 2021
The incumbent will be required to go into the office, on the downtown campus, a minimum of 2 days a week and a maximum of 3 days a week (depending on volume of operations) during the closure of the University due to the pandemic (remaining days will be working from home).
Reporting to the Assistant to the AVP Finance and Controller and functionally to the Manager, Accounts Payable, the incumbent provides front-line support to internal and/or external clientele of Financial Services, as well as, administrative, secretarial, and logistical support to the unit of Financial Services.
- Perform reception duties, respond to all telephone, in-person and e-mail inquiries; determine the nature/urgency of a case as well as to which office the client should be directed to.
- Assist staff in regards to deliveries; ensure that all deliveries and incoming mail is distributed accordingly.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Financial Services unit including organizing meetings for Directors / Managers and travel for conferences.
- Perform general office management tasks to ensure overall efficient working environment for all Financial Services staff.
- Ensure that stationary, supplies, and office equipment are maintained and that stock inventory is adequate at all times.
- Prepare and process order forms for the purchase of supplies on a regular basis.
- Maintain the conference room booking system and telephone directory list of Financial Services employees.
- Maintain filing system related to department invoices and signing authorizations binders for security access.
- Manage the agenda, schedule internal and external appointments and meetings, prepare documentations and maintain appropriate filing system to the AVP Finance and Controller, on a back-up basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant to the AVP Finance and Controller, or AP Manager or AVP Controller.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Technologies, or a related field and two to four years of experience working in an office, preferably within a public sector environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to write and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both languages.
- Ability to work in Windows environment; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and implement new software applications as required.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively multitask, organize work, and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and autonomously and to be discreet when discussing confidential information.
- Keen attention to detail and customer service.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE207-14A. The associated salary range is $25.93 to $30.78 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 25, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities