Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P4928)
Deadline: June 22, 2021
This posting represents a temporary maternity leave replacement effective until March 2023: 35 hours per week; 5-days workweek, working from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting to the Manager, Service Operations, Facilities Management, the incumbent provides front-line customer service to internal and external clientele, and performs various clerical functions in support of the unit.
- Welcome and direct visitors accordingly when they enter the office; respond to general office inquiries in regard to conference room reservation, office supplies, etc.
- Process key requests and control key distribution for the entire Sir George William (SGW) Campus. Keep track of all keys distributed and returned through the manual and online key systems and the automated Key Management System (KMS).
- Provide general office and clerical support, which include, sorting, logging and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Compose, edit and type routine letters, memos, emails and reports in English and French.
- Provide support to the Facilities Management call centre in peak periods. Answer incoming calls and emails and create or review work orders in Maximo.
- Receive and ensure accurate stamping of date and time on all bids from suppliers when an invitation to tender is issued by the Project Management group.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English, good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French in order to communicate effectively with the internal and external clientele.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat to respond to routine correspondences and to enter data into a spreadsheet.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Maximo and Banner are assets.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills when dealing with faculty members, students, vendors and staff.
- Ability to handle difficult customers and solve problems using good judgment, patience, diplomacy and autonomy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated track record of reliability and dependability.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.60 - $31.58 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.