Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
ADVISOR, GRADUATE ADMISSIONS (P5505A)
Deadline: April 14, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Graduate Academic Services, School of Graduate Studies, the incumbent advises faculties by researching and evaluating applications from international and “irregular” applicants, develop and administer international agreements such as co-tutelles, process admission related service requests and produce reports on admissions activities from across the Faculties in order to ensure quality control.
- Monitor, review and evaluate selected international and “irregular” student applications, including co-tutelle applications based on admissions policies and procedures.
- Review the progress of non-standard admissions and prepare reports and recommendations, as necessary.
- Design and conduct an annual admissions audit.
- Review and approve or deny service requests related to admissions, such as transfer credits and equivalencies.
- Advise the faculty representatives on admissions criteria and implement systems to assist programs in monitoring the quality of the applicants to their programs.
- Organize, design and conduct workshops for admissions for graduate program directors, program assistants and other staff.
- Generate data and run queries from the SIS database; analyze relevant information and produce admissions statistics and reports.
- Represent the School of Graduate Studies on committees as required. Coordinate the admission requirements processes and activities with faculty advisor representatives and program directors or assistants as necessary.
- Assist with the review of the Admissions sections in the Graduate Calendar and draft web content.
- Assist the Manager with all aspects related to admissions, as required.
- Work with the Academic Administrators and Managers to ensure that the School’s priorities are met.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years of admissions-related work experience in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience. Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian, Quebec and international academic systems.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to provide university members with detailed information; Basic knowledge of French (level 3) to understand documents written in French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven writing, analytical, and organization skills with the ability to work under pressure for extended periods of time, take initiative and work independently as well as in a team.
- Proven ability to coordinate activities and work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in effective development of productive relationships with students, faculty, staff, and academic administrators.
- Knowledge of SIS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of graduate academic programs, a definite asset.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 14, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities