Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB)
FACILITIES ASSISTANT (P5653)
Deadline: February 27, 2020
This posting represents a part-time permanent position; 21.25 hours per week (5-days workweek from 08:00 a.m. to 12:15p.m.).
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the incumbent supports the Facilities Administrator on the daily administration of JMSB facilities.
- Assist the Facilities Administrator in the management and maintenance of JMSB facilities, equipment/furniture on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Facilities Administrator to ensure that offices are prepared for new, returning and departing faculty and staff; deliver of packing supplies and packing of office content when required.
- Liaise with other University services such as Facilities Management, Distribution and Transportation, University Housekeeping, Purchasing Services and Security in relation to the maintenance and up keeping of JMSB facilities.
- Upkeep the JMSB kitchens (i.e.: cleaning of microwaves, refrigerators, toaster/ovens, coffee makers, water coolers, etc.), conference rooms and study rooms in the MB Building; maintain the inventory and ordering of kitchen supplies.
- Ensure that all public areas in the MB Building are set up as per JMSB and University guidelines; bring to the attention of the Facilities Administrator and/or Facilities Management matters for repair (e.g. equipment, elevators, etc.); relocation (e.g. furniture, equipment, etc.); or replacement (e.g. missing or broken furniture and/or equipment).
- Prepare documents as required for signage, delivery and pick up.
- Process key requests and assist faculty, staff and students on the use of the key requisition system.
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Facilities Administrator and the Director of Administration, and during the absence of the Facilities Administrator.
- High School Diploma and two to four years of related experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and spoken French in order to communicate with the internal community.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Service oriented; and ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of building, fire and safety codes.
- Available to work irregular hours occasionally.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 11 kg (25lbs)).
$21.62 – $25.69 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 27, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities