Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT (C4490)
Deadline: July 6, 2020
This posting represents a five-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Facilities Management, the incumbent spearheads all property management and operations services for the entire building and land portfolio of the University. He/she provides and operates on a daily basis, a safe, healthy, comfortable, and attractive environment for students, faculty and staff that should support the University’s pursuit of excellence in teaching and research.
- Plan and manage directly all property management, maintenance, operations, mail, transportation & distribution, custodial and grounds daily and annual operations for Concordia’s building and lands portfolio. Continual review of organizational structure.
- Establish and maintain excellent and formal communications liaisons with the Property Clients (Faculties, students and staff) and Facilities Operations units. Will also include partner service suppliers such as Security, EH&S, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Project Management Office and Administrative Services.
- Manage the Service contracts process with Purchasing and Facilities Administration; establish operating standards, transparent processes and quality controls to ensure optimal performance at affordable prices.
- Set up annual measures for the program to evaluate progress, establish quality control and mechanisms for external contracts.
- Act as a leader for the Property Management team and support the AVP Facilities Management on special projects.
- Develop professional and organizational improvement programs Facilities Management Team. This includes developing annual objectives with reviews and implementing training, team development and recruitment.
- Develop improvement programs (or collaborates with others) to develop the property management and operations groups to achieve best practices; this includes cycle time, quality, energy consumption, costs, customer service standards, building certification, FCI.
- Collaborate with other service sector such as Security, EH&S, and Project Management and as required when offering integrated property management services.
- Contributes to the implementation and adherence of Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures, as well as design standards development, and supporting project management policies and procedures.
- Manage a budget of 30 million dollar annually.
- Develop and implement an annual deferred maintenance program, as well as the assets investment plan.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering or administration or a related field (architecture, etc.) with over seven years of job-related experience, and at least five years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Master’s Degree, MBA, BOMA, CRP or PMP certifications are assets.
- Experience in Project Management desirable.
- Proven experience with corrective and preventative maintenance procedures, building codes, as well as construction practice, EH&S, and security.
- Ability to manage and mobilize a diverse team.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French language communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, planning, negotiating and people management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of office systems in a PC environment.
- Strong knowledge of unionized environment and previous experience working in a unionized environment with several collective agreements.
- Courteous with strong customer service orientation, the ability to multi-task and able to work comfortably in a fast paced, environment.
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail, strong communication and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to establish effective working relationships with the University Community, and with service providers.
- Experience in budget planning and control management.
$130,334 -$151,176 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 6, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities