Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (P4710)
Deadline: September 27, 2021
Repost. This posting represents a one-year full-time temporary replacement contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Network Service. The incumbent ensures that network services are available on a 24x7 basis with minimal interruptions which may be caused by physical or virtual threats. They maintain network infrastructure/security/systems; investigate and resolve network security incidents and recommend enhancements to improve network security.
- Respond to problems /issues and work with appropriate support personnel on a technical level to resolve/escalate in a timely manner.
- Monitor, detect and address network availability/security issues.
- Manage network infrastructure devices and security appliance configurations.
- Monitor network traffic and manage network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission and provide relevant reporting.
- Apply software/firmware patches and upgrades to network infrastructure devices and network security appliances (e.g. switches, VPN appliances, network monitoring systems, firewall appliances, etc.)
- Document existing & new network infrastructure/ security systems.
- Design and implement network infrastructure/ security solutions.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network infrastructure/security system improvement, upgrade and repair.
- Undertake tasks as required by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with two to four years of relevant experience including two to four years of experience in Cisco network and systems administration.
- ITIL Certification desirable.
- Cisco certifications: CCNA and CCNP (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of OSI 7-Layer model, TCP/IP and associated protocols.
- Knowledge and experience with routing concepts relating to EIGRP, OSPF, BGP;
- Knowledge of network security.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in the following technologies:Application/Stateful/UTM firewalls,Web content filtering, Web application firewalls(WAF) IPS/IDS and Wireless Security.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience supporting network services applications such as DHCP (ISC), DNS (Bind), RADIUS (FreeRADIUS).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience using network management/diagnostic tools (e.g.Cisco Prime, NetDisco, Sniffer)
- Knowledge and experience with IP addressing and subnetting; segmentation using VLANs (802.1q) and trunking; QoS configuration.
- In depth knowledge of and experience working with operating systems such as Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X.
- Shell scripting(Linux, Unix), Perl scripting.
- In depth experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, firewalls, VPN services.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to operate efficiently, and effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary customer services.
- Experience working within ITIL (or equivalent) framework (Incident Management Change Management, Release & Deploy Management, Problem Management).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English: able to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English: able to prepare short, routine correspondence.
$ 74, 676.27- $ 89, 200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 27, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.