Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (P4637A)
Deadline: February 19, 2020
This is a full-time leave replacement effective until February 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems and Technology, the incumbent is responsible for the planning, development and management of servers; for the image creation, integration and management of networked workstations and tablets, and for the implementation and management of networked applications and other peripherals
- Plan, implement, upgrade and administer servers and networked applications, including configuration, scripting, software upgrades and performance monitoring.
- Plan, design and centrally manage Microsoft desktops including the design and updates of images, group policy configurations, scripting, and use of management resources such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Plan, implement and manage servers and desktops security including firewall configuration, file server backups, SSL certificates and disaster and recovery planning.
- Create, manage, keep up to date DNS records, subnets, DHCP and OUs (active directory).
- Implement and manage networked applications and servers such as Microsoft SharePoint, Digital Signage (FWI), Streaming Media (Medial), People Counter (SenSource), Course Reserves (ARES), Version Control (GIT).
- Build iPads image, manage JAMF and iPad deployments with technicians.
- Manage, analyze and find solutions to existing systems and servers problems.
- Work collaboratively with Systems and Library staff; liaise with IITS (Instructional and Information Technology Services) and other University departments.
- Bring improvements or modifications to the IT environment to facilitate its evolution and to respond effectively to the needs of the organization.
- Develop and recommend systems standards, policies and procedures; develop and keep up to date systems documentation, including systems configuration and changes.
- Provide systems programming for web and database services.
- Provide backup to other analysts and to the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience administering Linux and/or Windows Servers.
- Experience in designing, managing, configuring and securing applications and workstations in a networked, enterprise environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows systems administration, including Active Directory.
- Experience in managing web servers (Apache and/or IIS, SSL certificates).
- Experience with network equipment and protocols such as TCP/IP and DNS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, MDT.
- Experience in automation scripting with shell script, VBScript, and Powershell.
- Knowledge of PHP, SQL, and XML desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to provide complex information and clear explanations; knowledge of spoken French an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to document procedures.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
$70,939.46 - $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 19, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities