Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DIRECTOR, CONCORDIA INTERNATIONAL (C3090)
Deadline: May 4, 2020
This posting represents a five-year contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, International (AVPI), the incumbent provides effective direction in order to ensure the effective operations of the unit as well as to ensure the advancement and the sustainability. He/she provides support to the AVPI on developing academic and research initiatives as they relate to the institutional internationalization objectives.
- Plan, initiate and review the strategic objectives of Concordia International and oversee its operations including personnel and budget.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate staff; provide leadership and foster a collaborative spirit in the workplace.
- Advise, design and develop academic initiatives as they relate to Concordia’s strategic internationalization objectives and collaborate in the elaboration of the international institutional strategies and policies.
- Manage the budget of the office of the AVPI and the budgets related to international programs.
- Conduct a thorough organizational review and analysis of Concordia International in order to maximize administrative services in the unit; make operational recommendations related to human and other resources.
- Oversee activities related to international partnerships.
- Monitor on a continuous basis internal processes to achieve continued effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and guidelines for academic and administrative units in the development and implementation of their international initiatives.
- Oversee the coordination of visits of international delegations to Concordia as well as the international delegations of Concordia.
- Represent Concordia on internal and external committees and at national and international organizations and governmental missions, as required by the AVPI.
- Establish and maintain effective liaison and coordination with Faculties and relevant departments; establish and maintain effective working relationships and cooperation with corresponding offices in other universities and with provincial, national and international organizations.
- Report regularly to the AVPI on the activities of Concordia International Units; advise the AVPI on any new partnerships or initiatives which are deemed to be appropriate.
- Master’s degree and four to seven years of work experience in the international education with at least three years of supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Concordia’s academic environment is an asset.
- Proven leadership in issues related to international education.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with faculty and partner institutions as well as governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Demonstrated superior problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Team player with experience in building and leading teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of English and French; knowledge of other languages is a definite asset.
- Advanced knowledge international relations.
$100,904 - $117,031 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 4, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities