Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMISSIONS INFORMATION OFFICER (P4528A)
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Amended Repost. This posting represents a leave replacement effective until January 29, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the incumbent provides information and advice to potential and current undergraduate students regarding the University and admission to its programs.
- Provide current, prospective and former students with general information concerning programs and offering assistance in interpreting University policies.
- Advise students who have not been accepted of the options available to them, based on Admissions guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participate in recruitment activities (both on and off campus) designed to attract potential students and raise the University’s profile; assist with on-campus events, Open House sessions and special tours for specific or large groups.
- Work in collaboration with the Welcome Centre staff and other student recruitment team members to make suggestions on improvements to Concordia’s recruitment efforts and identify new opportunities.
- Contribute to the overall recruitment operations of the Welcome Centre.
- Lead a recruitment project portfolio as assigned on a rotating basis.
- Perform other duties as required in support of Enrolment Services.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of work experience in an academic setting.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively to internal and external clients.
- Basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal sensitively with students and potential students; must have professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Able to travel occasionally and work flexible hours when supporting recruitment events.
$ 60,338.07 - $ 72,067.29 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 31, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities