Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (P3717A)
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Permanent full-time position: 39 hours per week, (4-day workweek, 3 days from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m and 1 day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m).
Reporting to the Supervisor responsible for the sector (portfolios 1 to 4), the incumbent maintains various types of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, stationary machines and auxiliary equipment on both campuses.
- Maintain equipment such as boilers, chillers, fans, pumps, and air compressors; and control system equipment to provide heating, ventilation, and refrigeration.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Perform repairs, adjustments and performance optimization on various equipment.
- Perform inspections, assessments, and reporting on various assets.
- Performing data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Prepare lists of material; submit (for approval) requisition for materials and equipment.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Monitor building temperature and air quality.
- Monitor the consumption of electricity, natural gas and heating oil.
- Operate and monitor heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems (HVAC), 24-7
- Plan and communicate mechanical service and equipment interruptions, conscious of minimizing impacts on users.
- Replace Shift Mechanic when required.
- Act as per operational needs as a companion in the professional training process of supervised apprentices (MMF class A).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and mechanical rooms).
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Stationary Mechanical Systems or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC 3-year technical program) in Building Systems or another equivalent DVS or DEC.
- Two years of work-related experience in the field of stationary mechanics or building mechanics as a relevant professional certification holder.
- Stationary Engineman, certified 4B and holder of an apprentice development training plan (Emploi Québec) in order to earn the Class A will be considered.
- Experience in a 4A plan is an asset.
- Health and Safety on construction sites course desirable
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions, and technical manuals, and to respond to service calls.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create routine letters and memorandums), of Excel (to enter data and print worksheets).
- Good knowledge of Facilities Management systems: Apogee (Siemens) and Orcaview (Regulvar) are definite assets.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Valid driver’s licence in Quebec.
- Ability to work in heights as well as in fluctuating temperatures (warm and cold).
- Will require use of respiratory and hearing protection; enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program and Hearing Conservation Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 11 kg (25lbs) and with assistance over 45kg (100lbs)).
4A: $31.36 per hour 4B: $30.47 per hour Comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation policy. Easily accessible by public transit.
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA-CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 31, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities