Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- CO-OP PROGRAMS (P2755A)
Deadline: March 5, 2020
This posting represents a full-time leave replacement effective until February 4, 2022.
Reporting to the Director of the Co-op Programs – JMSB, the incumbent administers program operations on a day-to-day basis. He/she assists the Director in the effective and efficient running of the Co-op Programs – JMSB.
- Organize and implement individual work-study schedules for placement; advise students on courses sequencing, university policies and procedures
- Make modifications to schedules based on academic and/or ICE decisions and advise students on Co-op policies in relation to their work-study schedules.
- Screen applicants' files, review them for completeness, and track down missing information; recommend acceptance or rejection; prepare summary reports for the Academic Directors and schedule intake interviews for qualified students.
- Receive and record student GPAs; make academic recommendations to Academic Directors and send out probationary emails to students after decisions have been rendered by the Academic Director in conjunction with the ICE Coordinator; follow up on the probationary cases.
- Act as a resource for potential and actual students, as well as staff, faculty, and the Academic Directors; respond to inquiries regarding the Program and registration requirements and provide information on admissions, academic regulations and course changes.
- Prepare first draft of Annual Report based on previous year’s Report; coordinate production of the Annual Report; prepare statistics on enrollment and retention, academic performance, and placement.
- Represent JMSB Co-op Programs at Open House and other Montreal-based recruitment activities on and off campus as needed
- Schedule monthly meetings of the Academic Directors; record minutes and distribute them in final form, participate in discussion as required.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets, databases; maintain statistics for various reports; draft correspondence on behalf of the Academic Directors.
- Diploma of Collegial studies (2-year pre-university program) and two to four years of related experience in an administrative or secretarial role.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic spoken French (Level 3) to assist students.
- Gook knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and of Excel.
- Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service to students and staff.
$28.87 – $34.72 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 5, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities