Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
PROJECT MANAGER, FACILITIES DEVELOPMENT (P4831)
Deadline: January 20, 2021
Reporting directly to the Director, Strategic Planning and Development, the incumbent leads facilities development for the University, assists the director in the management of the master planning process, and manages specific major development projects.
- Assist the Director of Strategic Planning and Development in the preparation of medium-term and long-term strategic development Program, and make recommendations in the context of the University's master space plan.
- Using project management methodology, lead and manage specific major development projects from start to end of development phase; preparation of space program, evaluation of physical options, lead required studies, participation in building-site acquisition and real estate transaction, subsidies requests or leases, costs estimate and business case, hiring and supervision of external professionals, development, implementation and delivery of major projects.
- Obtain permits and authority approvals.
- At the feasibility study stage and early stage of development projects, responsible for costs estimates, contract management, forecasting (updates) and control.
- Resolve conflicts and problems associated with the master planning- facilities development process.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with clients (Financial Services, Internal Audit, Faculties, Senior administration and Government) as well as external consultants.
- Prepare reports, represent the department when needed (i.e. Board of Governors (BOG), Real Estate Planning Committee (REPC), Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur (MES) , Ministère de l’Économie et de l’innovation (MEI), City of Montreal, etc.) and follow up as required.
- Other planning mandates, project management mandates and/or subsidy requests mandates.
- Inform directors and the AVP, Facilities Management of the progress and status of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, building engineering or in a field pertinent to the position, with over 7 years’ of related experience performing tasks described in the primary responsibilities.
- Experience in strategic planning and/or real estate, an asset.
- Member of the Quebec Order of Architects (OAQ), Engineers (OIQ) or equivalent.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) and/or Program Manager Professional (PgMP) and/or LEED AP certification, desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to assess documentation and communicate with outside consultants and internal staff.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills, good judgment and business sense.
- Working knowledge of MS office in a windows environment; MS project, Word, Excel, Maximo, e-mail and internet.
- Knowledge of building codes, MES standards, facilities management practice, laws and procedures. Understanding of financial analysis is desirable.
$86,364.71– $103,170.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 20, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities