Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE DEAN (P5623)
Deadline: January 8, 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial and logistical support to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Manage the Dean’s agenda; schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; enter relevant information in the agenda and update contacts as required.
- Manage and log the Dean’s daily correspondence, (paper, fax and e-mail), including answering or redirecting routine correspondence.
- Prepare all documents for the Dean’s meetings and appointments.
- Prepare orders of proceedings and compose relevant written documentation and briefing notes for the Dean.
- Prepare follow-up correspondence with regard to internal and external meetings and events (for example: ADESAQ, CREPUQ, ACFAS and other Quebec-based organizations, as well as CAGS and CGS).
- Provide assistance to the Administrative Director with ad-hoc committees or work groups, or as required; perform other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
- Make all travel arrangement plans for the Dean.
- Process all budget-related expenses and invoices.
- Diploma of College Studies (3-year technical program) in Office Technology or in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience.
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to provide and interpret detailed information and to write routine correspondence.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel; and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of PowerPoint to assist with presentation preparations.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills; capability to work with senior management.
- Good discretion with the ability to preserve confidentiality and manage sensitive files.
- Ability to work in a team.
$31.18 – $37.54 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities