Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH
ADVISOR, RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT (P5578)
Deadline: July 20, 2021
This posting represents a one year maternity leave replacement contract.
Reporting to the Director, Research Development, Office of Research, and dotted line reporting to the Associate Dean Research of the Faculty of Arts and Science, the incumbent guides and advises individuals and teams of faculty members in developing research funding strategies in the natural and health sciences by identifying relevant funding sources and opportunities. The incumbent is a point of contact, resource and guide to researchers and the Associate Dean Research of the Faculty of Arts and Science, and liaises with external collaborators, institutions, and granting agencies.
- Provide researchers with advice and support in their funding applications and proposal development. Strategize with researchers to develop customized research funding plans in the short and long term.
- Organize and participate in the development of strategic and operational plans to optimize research funding opportunities for faculty members; advise them on how to leverage complementary funding opportunities.
- Acquire and develop in-depth knowledge of rapidly changing existing funding programs, newly rolled out programs and emerging funding bodies, and disseminate information to faculty members.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean Research of the Faculty of Arts and Science, develop strategies that actively promote research success for the faculty in the areas of natural science and health.
- Administer faculty mentorship programs, inter-peer review committees, and other initiatives to help build and support research capacity.
- Assist OOR/OVPRGS senior staff in developing and coordinating research awards nominations and large-scale strategic and institutional research initiatives.
- Analyze funding competition results and make recommendations to researchers, the ADR and Dean, and the OOR/OVPRGS team to improve the quality, quantity, and chances of future success in research funding opportunities.
- Plan and deliver workshops to further enhance research capacity, grantsmanship and best practices in proposal development. Organize and facilitate University and Faculty research-related events and networking opportunities to build and sustain research capacity; generate effective resource materials (print/electronic).
- Participate in the development, communication and implementation of policies and procedures related to research development and administration; perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of relevant work experience in the area of research administration.
- Graduate degree in a field related to primary responsibilities, desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the research funding environment in Québec and Canada, and good knowledge of international funding programs.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of written and spoken English in order to write, analyze and provide critical feedback to maintain effective communication with faculty members, external research partners, and internal units; good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken French in order to give feedback on grants, communicate with funding agencies and external partners and handle requests and communication in writing.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (to create documents, spreadsheets, budgets and presentations).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including confidence, tact, discretion and judgment.
- Proactive and self-directed, strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced service-oriented environment.
$ 74 676.27- $ 89 200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 20, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.