Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
OFFICE ASSISTANT, ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING (P2339B)
Deadline: June 23, 2021
Reporting to the Department Administrator, the incumbent assists in the daily operations of the department by providing front line, administrative, logistical and organizational support to the department.
- Assist in the daily operation of the Department and provide support to staff, faculty and students. Provide support to the academic programs of the Department. Assist with registrations and student requests. Communicate program specific rules, procedures and regulations to students, and answer general inquiries from potential applicants.
- Greet visitors and respond to in-person and telephone inquiries; provide general information and services to students, staff, faculty and general public and refer students to the appropriate source as required.
- Assist the Department Administrator in maintaining and updating annual purchasing files, compiling budget related data, and collecting the necessary related paper work. Review expense claims and submit for approval.
- Prepare bursary contracts and submit for approval.
- Act as the liaison between the department and conference services, bookstore and facilities management; maintain inventory of stationery, office and kitchen supplies; prepare and maintain files and records for work orders, equipment exit pass and requisitions.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, faxes, courier and special deliveries.
- Complete administrative forms, keep records, input and verify data.
- Prepare and update contact information sections on department website, on a regular basis; prepare and send general correspondence to faculty, students and staff in regards to departmental policies, guidelines and procedures; assist office staff in preparing documentation and mailings, as needed.
- Book conference rooms and assist in ordering audio-visual equipment and refreshments as required.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Department Administrator.
- Attestation of College Studies in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide information and to write correspondence; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French in order to respond to program related in-person and telephone inquiries.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (to create, maintain and update documents, databases and spreadsheets).
- Good knowledge of Student Information System (SIS), Engineering Identity Information System (EIIS), Faculty Resource Information System (FRIS), and Graduate Database is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the University’s academic infrastructure, administrative practices, regulations and undergraduate and graduate programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and discretion, sensitivity to students’ concerns and a keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, handle high volume of inquiries and work well under pressure; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Customer service oriented and dedicated to meet the expectation of customers; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE225-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.60 to $31.58 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 23, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.