Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BUDGET ANALYST (P4717)
Deadline: April 1, 2020
Amended posting. This posting represents a leave replacement effective until January 8, 2021.
Reporting to the Director Administration and Services to Students, the incumbent participates in the management of the Enrolment & Student Services’ operating, non-operating, budgets and capital accounts. He/she is also responsible for assisting in enrolment analyses.
- Administer Enrolment & Student Services budget control and practices. Advise on budgeting control mechanism and allocation of resources and financial policies; coordinate equipment purchases; assist the Director in the budget planning process.
- Monitor the financial performance of units and designated special fund accounts; review and follow-up on all documentation related to financial management.
- Analyze data and provide monthly reports and forecasts on the budget position of the Deputy Provost sector; liaise with the various directorates as well as financial services to ensure account reconciliation and that account deficits and surpluses comply with University policies.
- Train employees in the sector responsible for unit budget reconciliation.
- Compile, analyze and prepare reports in support of enrolment analysis; design and implement process control measures to enhance greater efficiency of services within the Sector.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of Enrolment & Student Services
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of relevant budget experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff & faculty as well as to draft correspondence, documentation and reports; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to answer to general inquiries.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word and Excel to create, maintain and update elaborate documents, spreadsheets and reports; basic knowledge of PowerPoint to create presentation.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of business process analysis principles.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to details.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as member of a team and independently.
$65,699.14 – $78,474.25 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 1, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities