Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF CREATIVE ARTS THERAPIES
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P2491A)
Deadline: July 14, 2021
This posting represents a full-time maternity leave replacement effective until August 19, 2022.
Reporting to the Creative Arts Therapies Department Coordinator, the incumbent assists in the daily operation of the Department by providing front-line information and assistance to students (current and potential), and general administrative support. They will serve as a resource person for potential, incoming and current students requesting information about department programs.
- Act as front-line resource, communication, and referral person for current and potential students, and faculty. Determine appropriate referral channels for a variety of student problems, concerns, and complaints.
- Provide preliminary advising and assistance by phone, in-person, and other forms of communication to current and potential applicants regarding academic procedures, program requirements, admission and registration.
- Create and maintain electronic databases for faculty, students/alumni, and the department. Prepare database reports as required. Act as the department’s liaison for communicating information to faculty, students and alumni. Maintain and update information on the department's website.
- Coordinate student affairs and student-related administrative functions for graduate programs such as admissions, transfer of program, registration, advising, timetables, student requests, and student awards. Organize and coordinate orientation and advising sessions, admission file reviews, and recruitment events. Provide support with functions for all programs, initiatives, and projects.
- Coordinate all the administrative aspects regarding the practicum placement of students.
- Schedule departmental meetings; book rooms and equipment. Prepare agenda, take and transcribe minutes for departmental meetings.
- Process work orders and after-hour passes. Responsible for department key control and Key Control Database. Screen and distribute departmental mail. Maintain student/department files and storage areas. Create and prepare correspondence, documents, forms, and reports using appropriate office information systems. Maintain office supply inventory and bulletin boards. Provide other administration and clerical duties as required.
- ACS (attestation of collegial studies) in Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Technologies, or a related field and two to four years of experience as an office assistant, preferably within an academic environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with and provide information to faculty, staff, students, and the external community, to compose correspondence, take minutes, and to provide administrative support.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Office Word (design, create, and format elaborate correspondence, forms, and reports); basic knowledge of Excel (create and modify spreadsheets); basic knowledge of PowerPoint (to create and update presentations);
- Demonstrated customer service orientation in order to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and other clientele.
- Working knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), School of Graduate Studies policies, and the university academic policies.
- Knowledge of MS Teams, video conferencing tool Zoom, website management software Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and online portfolio/audition application SlideRoom are assets.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; proven ability to multitask and to meet established deadlines, particularly during high pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work flexibly outside operating hours.
$28.12 to $33.84 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 14, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.