Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS & UNIVERSITY CASHIERS OFFICE
COORDINATOR, STATISTICS AND COLLECTIONS (P4407A)
Deadline: May 10, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Student Accounts Office, the incumbent acts as a resource person for Student Accounts and its collections. They assess individual student account situations, establish payment arrangements for students with outstanding balances and ensure that the tuition and other fees billing and payment policy is applied. Emphasis is on the collection of delinquent accounts. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and processing documents and reports associated with the Student Accounts Office, billing, collections and statistics.
- Gather and analyze statistics regarding student fee receivables, collection processes, payment, and client services.
- Compile data for government reporting and prepare statistical reports.
- Identify departmental needs and survey industry trends with emphasis on collection best practices.
- Monitor the health of the collections and undertake appropriate action when required in response to the collection activity. Ensure the collection of delinquent accounts for students over incurring additional costs by collecting these accounts through external recovery services.
- Analyze delinquent accounts as it relates to the ageing of the accounts, the total Account Receivable ledger and report. Provide financial data and reports to Financial Services, particularly to General Accounting.
- Reconcile accounts receivable and other clearing accounts. Prepare journal vouchers.
- Provide guidance to students by advising and directing them to the appropriate service department; establish acceptable payment agreements (within published guidelines) with students who have small to large delinquent accounts; arrange payment settlements with students and prepare formal Payment Agreement contracts.
- Participate in the optimization and sound management of the accounts receivable operations by taking appropriate action with regard to the collection of overdue accounts; post adjustments, account flags and special notations to students’ accounts as necessary; process retroactive adjustments, and provide guidance to other Student Account Office staff.
- Undertake other tasks related to the efficient and effective functioning of the Student Accounts department as per the Supervisor.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Excel, Word, and e-mail applications.
- Demonstrated experience entering data into databases.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English, in order to compose and proofread correspondence and advise staff and students about university policies in addition to statistical reporting; and basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written French language skills.
- Proven effective experience dealing in the customer service field.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Financial and Student Information Systems (Banner, PeopleSoft).
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes and controls.
- Knowledge of University and Academic Rules & Regulations, an asset.
$29.62 - $35.62 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.