Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR (P2211A)
Deadline: March 9, 2020
This posting represents a leave replacement effective until September 30, 2020
Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the incumbent plans, organizes, directs and improves the efficient and effective management of the Department’s infrastructure as well as its human, financial and physical resources.
- Manage and coordinate the daily operation of the Department which includes planning, monitoring and initiating improvements to Departmental operational policies and practices.
- Advise and assist faculty, staff, and students regarding university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Initiate, establish and implement policies and procedures regarding non-academic staff, including supervising, hiring, disciplinary actions, coordinating workloads, vacations and absences.
- Organize departmental faculty meetings; transcribe and maintain records of minutes; organize other department meetings, conferences, and special events; disseminate administrative and academic materials on behalf of the Chair.
- Develop annual department course schedule in conjunction with the Associate Chair and the Chair.
- Advise the Chair on course offerings required for academic programs, enter undergraduate course data on SIS, assign, manage and maintain full-time faculty workloads in FRIS, coordinate full-time remissions, coordinate and maintain records of yearly course schedule.
- Administer Concordia University Faculty Association (CUFA), Concordia University Part-Time Faculty Association (CUPFA) and Teaching and Research Assistant Public Service Alliance of Canada (TRAC) Collective Agreements; organize the hire of part-time faculty and serve as the resource (spokesperson) on the Part-Time Hiring Committee.
- Monitor enrolment and admission quotas and provide recommendations as to which courses should be added, maintained or cancelled.
- Manage the department’s budgets including Teaching Assistant budget, Faculty Development Funds, and Endowment Funds. Approve and authorize all operational budget expenditures
- Manage physical facilities including recommendations of equipment purchases and replacements, space and office assignments; coordinate access privileges, order and distribute keys.
- Organize, coordinate, and supervise major projects, relocation, space assignments and special events.
- Maintain the department website.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of related experience, including at least two years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in managing a large department in a higher education setting desirable.
- Knowledge of Millennium (including Web-Requisitions), Faculty Resource Information System (FRIS), Student Information System (SIS) are assets.
- Excellent knowledge of CUFA, CUPFA and TRAC collective agreements, as well as non-academic collective agreements and University policies and procedures desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of University policies, procedures and Collective Agreements.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students, to initiate departmental policies, procedures and protocols, to write reports, draft correspondence and documentation; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French in order to communicate with students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in researching and writing reports as well as editing documents produced by other personnel an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel, Word (to create and edit documents and spreadsheets).
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrated success in developing productive relationships with faculty and colleagues.
- Evidence of decision-making skills, ability to be discreet and deal with highly confidential matters.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to set and meet deadlines; ability to take and transcribe minutes.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE538-51A and that the associated salary range is $87,345.00 - $101,301.00 per annum.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 9, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities