Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT & VICE-CHANCELLOR
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT & VICE-CHANCELLOR (P1485)
Deadline: April 19, 2021
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial, and logistical support to the President and to the Director of Administration. He/she is responsible for the maintenance of the President’s calendar.
- Manage the agenda of the President: schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; screen and respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries.
- Create, compile, and analyze information to prepare internal and external dossiers for the President; organize dossiers for meetings, events, and special presentations.
- Keep the President’s Agenda Summary (which tracks the President’s meetings, invitations, RSVPs, etc.) updated.
- Compile data on the President’s meetings for reporting to government and internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external bodies, individuals, and groups, as required by the President.
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for the President.
- Maintain the “bring-forward and follow-up” systems for proper management of documents and assist with electronic filing of president’s documents.
- Coordinate and liaise with various university units and bodies, internal and external partners, for details of receptions, banquets, and other activities or events attended by the President. Inform the speech writer if the President has a speaking role.
- Provide support to the President when welcoming guests, including occasional reception coverage, catering orders, and organization.
- Prepare the President’s expense reports and liaise with the office of the Chair of the Board for authorization.
- Prepare and process the reimbursement for petty cash.
- Assist with electronic filing of president’s documents.
- Replace the other Executive Assistant, as required.
- Diploma of College Studies (3 year technical DEC) in Office Technology or in another field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and over seven years of relevant experience including previous experience working in a senior management and/or executive office. Previous experience working with external contacts, partners and government agencies.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Ability to work in Windows environments; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to format documents, complete mail merges, create macros) and of Excel (to create spreadsheets and charts and to use mathematical and financial functions). Basic knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, Acrobat Reader, Adobe Acrobat DC, Outlook, and other electronic mail systems.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a collaborative team and autonomously.
- Superior sense of discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters and situations.
- Excellent and proven client-service skills with a keen sense of composure in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to efficiently and quickly analyze situations and problem-solve with minimal supervision.
$81,136 - $94,099 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 19, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities