Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, ALUMNI RELATIONS (P5392)
Deadline: March 26, 2021
Reporting to the Manager Administration and Talent Management, and indirectly to the Senior Director, Alumni Relations, the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial, and logistical support to the Senior Director, Alumni Relations and to the entire Alumni Relations/Events unit.
- Act as the primary contact for Alumni Relations; answers telephone inquiries and redirects accordingly, answers and triages mail and e-mail inquiries; provide research, administrative, budget and logistical support to the Senior Director, Associate Director and Manager.
- Draft and prepare letters, memos, reports and forms for the Senior Director’s signature.
- Monitor budgets, expenditures, and inventory; ensure proper accounting procedures are observed.
- Process, invoice, cheque requisitions, travel and promotional expenses; complete and submit expense reports for Senior Director and Associate Director, track and log expenses internally.
- Makes travel arrangements and books accommodations and transportation for Senior and Associate Director, Events Manager, Alumni Officers, guest speakers or event hosts, award recipients, etc.
- Support meetings and functions for volunteers and Alumni colleagues, as required.
- Verify and enter data; input all updated personal and/or information to Gazelle from sources such as email@example.com, all replies to Accent and Now e-newsletters, data obtained at events or from alumni officers.
- Retrieve information from the database (population selections) for list requests and projects; perform research as required and update database when necessary.
- Enter interactions (contact reports) and follow-up actions into advancement database; extract information including biographical profiles and other related reports; update records to ensure information is always accurate; research internal databases and the internet on alumni, donors and activities on campus; analyze information and prepare reports in support of alumni engagement.
- Assist the Manager of events coordinators in the preparation of briefing packages and event calendars.
- Create and maintain Events Student Assistant calendar, schedule student assistants for events/office work, track hours, etc.
- Manage Student Assistants for Events team: CV submissions, book/schedule and participate in interviewing, create and submit NOHCE/ HR paperwork, direct deposit forms, ensure Employee profiles are up to date.
- Create, curate and maintain vacation calendar, webinar and videoconference calendar, annual programming overview (At A Glance).
- Perform reception duties when required; direct inquiries and visitors. Replace executive assistants of sector’s vice-president and associate vice-president when needed; perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Diploma of College Studies (3-year technical program) in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities with two to four years of pertinent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of budget/bookkeeping procedures.
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively in both official languages.
- Ability to work in Macintosh and Windows environments; good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (able to create and format documents and do mail merges), Excel (able to create spreadsheets and charts), and PowerPoint (able to create presentations).
- Ability to work with Outlook and to research information using the internet and other sources.
- Familiarity with mainframe database applications; knowledge of electronic mail and the Internet.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Capable of working with confidential information; discreet with a strong sense of confidentiality; tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures and constituents.
- Ability to work as part of a team; ability to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility.
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously and a complex workload.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills; ability to handle a large volume of work during peak periods, and to work under minimal supervision.
- Availability to work flexible hours (particular work schedules) to attend meetings and events, on occasion.
$29.62 – 35.62 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 26, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities