Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
ANALYST, TEACHING, LEARNING, AND COLLABORATIONS SPACE TECHNOLOGY (P7007)
Deadline: December 8, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Audio Visual, the incumbent provides audio-visual and IT services expertise through the delivery of solution consultation, support, implementation planning, and installation coordination.
- Consult with end-users to gather technical requirements and recommend enterprise AV and IT solutions meeting the needs of the community.
- Participate in project teams, develop plans, and execute/implement project tasks. Coordinate installation process with selected integrators and supervise the installation process. Lead hand-off to operations.
- Ensure accuracy on equipment inventory by following internal asset management procedures and ensuring vendor asset management requirements are met and reflected in the CMDB.
- Work with vendors and service providers to procure equipment and to maintain and improve services throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external partners. Is a University-wide space solutions expert on industry best practices, design, installation, and modification of equipment, systems, and software.
- Provide third level support for incidents and requests affecting multiple end-users and act as an escalation resource for analysts and technicians.
- Assist in the design of technical space solutions, adhering to University standards.
- Assess clients’ requirements and recommends appropriate configuration improvements for the existing systems. Analyze and suggest new features and technologies to improve the services and end-user platform strategy.
- Produces documentation for users and for other IT specialists. Provide training and guidance to users, analysts, and technicians. Maintain superior expertise in technologies supported by the group.
- Undertakes other tasks as required by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years experience in a service-oriented organization.
- Experience with manufacturer enterprise products, such as Crestron, AMX, ClearOne, Biamp, Extron, Kramer, Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Broad interest and familiarity with audio-visual, information technology, and electronics.
- Highly developed interest, familiarity, and experience with project management methodologies.
- Experience providing analytical, design, co-ordination, and troubleshooting services in a technical environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills; ability to prioritize and interact effectively with faculty, students, staff, and 3rd party vendors.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
$74, 676.27- $89,200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 8, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.