Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC
ADVISOR, FACULTY INFORMATION SYSTEMS (C5631)
Deadline: July 5, 2021
This is a full-time contract position effective until January 31, 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Faculty Development and Inclusion, the incumbent is responsible for the daily management of the Faculty Resource Information System(FRIS) transactions, troubleshooting issues, facilitating payments, producing and analysing reports, providing training, preparing correspondence, and collaborating on process and software improvements.
- Oversee the daily management of the FRIS including oversight of course assignment for full-time faculty, part-time faculty and teaching assistants; contract assignment and other FRIS transactions for other academic staff, troubleshooting issues with academic staff and academic unit representatives; manage user access in the FRIS.
- Facilitate the automated payment of part-time, teaching assistant, and other academic staff contracts and the accuracy of parameters and data in the FRIS.
- Produce reports in accordance with the collective agreement deadlines to support the Vice Provost Faculty Development and Inclusion; and the budget office.
- Provide senior administrators with any and all required data pertaining to academic staff; oversee the compilation and analysis of said data; ensure the integrity of data on academic personnel processes.
- Assess and identify training needs of end users, design and deliver training sessions/workshops to faculty and staff; produce and provide training material on the different modules of FRIS and concurrent information systems.
- Prepare and send correspondence to academic unit representatives regarding procedures and deadlines
- Collaborate on process improvements and creating alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and increase efficiency as it relates to the FRIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two to four years of experience working with information systems in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of the academic infrastructure and academic administrative practices and regulations; experience with systems transactions.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English, and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written and spoken French.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (to create and format spreadsheets including calculating formulas and managing pivot tables); good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (to format letters, lists, mail merges); intermediate knowledge of database applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines; attention to detail; action oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Discretion with strong sense of confidentiality.
- Organizational agility - understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
$74,676.27 - $89,200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 5, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.