Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE ASSOCIATE DEAN, ACCREDITATION AND FACULTY RELATIONS, JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
MANAGER - PROGRAMS, INTERNATIONALIZATION AND SUSTAINABILITY (P5949)
Deadline: July 5, 2021
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Accreditation and Faculty Relations, the incumbent is responsible to provide strategic leadership to the Faculty as it relates to JMSB’s learning initiatives, its internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability, including equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and indigenization, endeavors.
- Manage the administration of curriculum development, revision and evaluation across the School.
- Hire, supervise and manage the workload of the staff to meet the needs of the Unit. Provide training to new and existing administrative staff on procedures and processes as well as supporting the program’s strategic and operational evolution.
- Develop and coordinate the integration of institutional-wide learning endeavours into the curriculum or other learning initiatives (for example, issues relating to experiential learning, digitalization, sustainability, indigenization, mental health, and international collaborations).
- Develop and propose strategies, policies and procedures concerning social responsibility / sustainability that support the mission of the School in collaboration with the Associate Deans and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure curricula at course and program levels meet appropriate internal and external standards, are regularly reviewed and submitted for approval.
- In collaboration with relevant stakeholders, develop and coordinate a strategy and associated action plan for internationalization of JMSB, and concerning social responsibility / sustainability projects. Monitor progress, write reports and make recommendations to the Dean and the Executive Committee on the strategic importance for JMSB and the University.
- Manage the development and implementation of internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability initiatives; develop communication strategies; guide academic and administrative units (e.g. study abroad programs, partnerships, strategic alliances, etc.).
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to academic programs, internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability and other learning or research activities; develop and promote collaborations among JMSB key stakeholders involved in business education research, learning, internationalization or social responsibility / sustainability initiatives; identify and monitor those initiatives; participate in the creation of communities of practice. Support JMSB’s leadership role in business education and research.
- Research, monitor and disseminate external initiatives, examples of best practices in business education, and advances in research around pedagogical innovations and curriculum in business schools to the JMSB community. Scope external opportunities for JMSB participations in business education initiatives
- Develop, lead and manage, in collaboration with other stakeholders, internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability initiatives within JMSB; Liaise with the Provost’s office and other stakeholders regarding internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability initiatives.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, recommend and develop initiatives and processes to ensure program innovation and relevance to industry partners and professional bodies. Provide expertise on curriculum and pedagogical innovation to various stakeholders within the Faculty.
- Plan, prepare and manage the Unit’s budget.
- Participate in governance committees responsible for approving new courses and proposals.
- Ensure alignment between curriculum development and pedagogical innovation initiatives and accreditation requirements. Develop and analyze standards that will contribute to attaining and maintaining the Triple Crown accreditation, which is an important objective for the Faculty, and enhance the JMSB’s reputation and standing in international rankings.
- Provide timely and accurate data analysis on curricular and program offerings, internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability endeavours to faculty administrators; Perform other duties in support of the Unit and Faculty.
- Master’s degree in education or a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related experience, including experience in business school accreditation. Doctoral studies in education, business or management education will be considered an asset.
- Experience in obtaining external funding and in working with the Ministry of Higher Education is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of JMSB structure and activities, including academic programs and research; and knowledge of Concordia’s university structure (e.g. senior level organization, academic and non-academic departments, policies and services) is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of curriculum and academic programs, internationalization and social responsibility / sustainability in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and synthesize information from a wide variety of sources
- Experience in bringing long-term projects to fruition.
- Proven leadership, communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all members of the Concordia community – students, staff, faculty.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English to communicate effectively with internal and external bodies, to draft reports and recommendations, to prepare and to give explanations. Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written French to communicate with external partners.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (to create and update documents, reports and presentations).
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility and meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of curriculum development, business education research and professional skills training in the Canadian and international context.
$83,246.00 - $96,546.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 5, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.