Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) ANALYST (C1961)
Deadline: April 10, 2020
This posting represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Systems and functionally to the Lead, BI and Reporting, the incumbent designs data models and star schemas, tests new data mart tables through SQL developer and produces reports and dashboards in Tableau. He/she works with IITS and pilot groups around the university to test and support data visualizations and reports on Tableau.
- Data Mart QA and testing, through SQL developer, log issues and errors, add to or adjust documentation connected to Data Marts.
- Design and maintain training materials aimed at the BI Community; run single and group training sessions aimed at BI Community.
- Star Schema Development, Design and Maintenance; create Tableau Extracts and test Schemas in Tableau Workbooks.
- Create of reports and dashboards on Tableau aimed at replacing predefined lists/reports from Peoplesoft Query Viewer.
- Document in Data Cookbook – Data and Specification definitions for new Tableau reports.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of BI/reporting documentation practices and standards for the BI Community.
- Other duties as requested by the Manager, Student Systems or Lead, BI and Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, mathematics, economics, statistics, management or related field with two to four years or relevant experience with data management.
- Experienced in business and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling, university-related data concepts and data visualization tools. (Tableau, MS Power BI)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel; knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
$ 60,260.00 – $ 71,961.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities