Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACILITIES PLANNER – ARCHITECT (C4701)
Deadline: August 10, 2021
This posting represents a full-time five-year contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Planning, the incumbent is the University’s resource for architectural expertise, guidance and support in projects. They evaluate projects, including project scope, budget, and schedule during master plan definition, project feasibility studies and business plan development.
- Lead specific architectural projects or programs through internal conceptual design initiatives for facilities management; Investigate and recommend conceptual design changes, methods and improvements of architectural projects.
- Manage feasibility studies, business cases and strategic development for construction or renovation projects; Provide space planning advice, guidance and technical support to internal clients, discuss needs and analyze requirements; Conceptualize, develop and design pre-concept architectural solutions to meet client needs, code requirements and facilities management standards.
- Lead teams composed of internal clients and services and external professionals to the successful completion of project studies and scope definitions.
- In collaboration with other members of the department, prepare budgetary cost estimates for master plans, feasibility studies and business plans for construction/renovation projects.
- Act as quality control point by reviewing drawings and specifications issued by professionals and external consultants at all phases of the project including on major construction projects and ensure conformity with codes, regulations and University standards.
- Compile pertinent information for the development of projects by researching best practices in architectural design; Contribute to updating the University’s architectural standards and specifications, and technical programs such as the implementation of sustainable design.
- Coordinate architectural drawings and specifications for renovations projects and act as primary consultant and follow construction as required by the professional responsibility and liability.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Director of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and four to seven years of job-related experience as an architect.
- Experience with institutional-educational projects, an asset.
- Permit holding Member in good standing of the Ordre des Architectes du Québec (OAQ) or another equivalent architect association.
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMP) and/or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification, an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes, construction practices, laws and procedures.
- Track record elaborating projects, preparing feasibility studies and business plans and strong construction knowledge.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written English and French in order to write reports and respond with sensitivity to queries); Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English and French in order to communicate with the general public.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to format documents), and PowerPoint (to build presentations using a template). Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to create spreadsheets and prepare financial calculations).
- Experience using MS Project, E-mail, and the Internet; Solid knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD, knowledge of BIM an asset.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Customer orientation with ability to anticipate potential problems and address them proactively.
- Strong business acumen and excellent judgment and negotiation skills.
$80,879.00- $ 96,597.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.