Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SUPERVISOR, TELEFUNDRAISING (P5447)
Deadline: August 5, 2021
Reporting to the Principle Director, Annual Giving, the incumbent is responsible for University Advancement’s telefundraising efforts, including supervision of the Annual Giving Call Centre and its team of casual student employees.
- Oversees ongoing recruitment, training and supervision of Call Centre staff, employed on a casual basis.
- Manages Call Centre resources (budgetary, staff, etc.) to ensure successful ongoing operations, with the ability to accommodate related fundraising and engagement activities
- Analyzes trends and best practices to develop strategies to maximize fundraising results, and explore new tools/ technologies to facilitate outreach efforts
- Develops reporting methods to evaluate and enhance the quality of the fundraising activities of the unit’s phone program.
- In conjunction with the Gift Accounting and Records units, ensures pledges and gifts are processed in a timely fashion and information obtained during solicitation calls is exchanged to maintain the integrity of the University database.
- Crafts and updates calling scripts to incorporate relevant priorities and developments at the University and maximizes results among different segments/audiences of the Concordia community.
- Prepares Call Centre-related communications material including pledge confirmation/ reminder messages, advertisements, etc.
- Assists in the coordination of other Annual Giving programs as required.
- Analyzes fundraising performance against expectations and makes recommendations to continue, alter or cease initiatives.
- Recruits student volunteers and lead fundraising efforts related to the annual graduating class gift program.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of relevant work experience. Telemarketing, supervisory experience, and/or previous experience working in a university setting are assets.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and donors; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoke and written French to answer general inquiries and to provide information.
- Intermediate level of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to facilitate the manipulation of data and preparation of Annual Giving materials; Comfortable learning and adapting to new applications, such as CampusCall and Blackbaud CRM.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information and exhibiting discretion; tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures and constituents.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills; ability to handle large volumes of work during peak periods and to work under minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of budget and financial reporting procedures.
$71,083- $85,316 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 5, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.