Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ENROLMENT SERVICES, BIRKS STUDENT SERVICE CENTRE
STUDENT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (P4136)
Deadline: December 8, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Birks Student Service Centre, the incumbent is responsible for providing welcoming and professional front-line customer service. They provide information concerning the university administrative and financial issues and accurately process a wide variety of financial and non-financial transactions. The Student Support Representative is also responsible for resolving student concerns within the scope of the role and for escalating more complex issues to the appropriate resource.
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding University procedures, guidelines and requirements in person, by telephone, and by email.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose the root cause of academic impediments as presented by students, including: asking probing questions, analysis of Student Contact Notes, review of documents on file, review of student record.
- Provide recommendations to impediments by means of step-by-step action plan; liaise with various university departments to resolve more complex questions or situations as required and inform students regarding resources and support available.
- Process a wide variety of student-related transactions which include the submission of various forms, payment of tuition and fees, etc.
- Provide explanations and answer a variety of questions regarding enrolment status letters; prepare enrolment status letters, at the request of the student.
- Provide tailored information and assistance pertaining to the admissions process and any impediments to submitting an application, be they basis of admission, program selection, an overview of the necessary documents, or technical/SIS related.
- Verify documentation pertaining to applications and other forms; interpret and review information on file for students, including interpretation of financial statements and account status.
- Troubleshoot and provide information, explanation of fees, and general service related to the students’ financial account.
- Recommend, accept and review student documentation for Student and Enrolment Services programs and ensure the timely forwarding of documents to the appropriate department.
- Process socio-demographic changes on behalf of the student on the student information system (SIS).
- Close electronic payment deposit shift; balance and verify daily cashier transactions register and submit all covering payments to the Student Accounts Office.
- Provide reception duties on a rotational basis
- Assist with the preparation of reference/training materials for the unit. Provide assistance with the shadow training of new employees.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of work experience in a customer service role; previous experience working in an academic setting desirable.
- Knowledge of Concordia University rules, regulations and the academic calendar an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to communicate effectively with students and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to answer general inquiries. Knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word; knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of the team and independently.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns
- Approachability, being sensitive and patient with others, ability to keep composure and to be a calming influence in a difficult situation is desirable.
- Keen attention to details with the ability to multitask and work under pressure. Ability to respond to a large number of client inquiries highly desirable.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE196-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.60 to $31.58 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 8, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.