Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
PROSPECT RESEARCHER (C1749)
Deadline: September 28, 2020
This posting represents a two (2) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Prospect Development, the incumbent is responsible for conducting prospect research, including the identification and evaluation of potential prospects and the creation of prospect profiles on corporate, foundation, alumni and other individual prospects to be used by the Vice-President, Associate Vice-President, Principal Directors of Development, Development Officers and campaign volunteers.
- Prepare template driven research reports based on in-depth biographical and financial research on past and potential major gift prospects.
- Conduct special research projects and respond to a routine research requests as assigned by the Manager, Prospect Development.
- Monitor major newspapers, journals and on-line sources to identify prospective/past donors as well as philanthropic trends in order to produce quality inventory of facts and updates on graduates.
- Implement rating changes based on quantifiable research and the Development Officer’s recommendations.
- Query the AIS database using research methods and data retrieval tools.
- Synthesize information from many different sources in a timely manner.
- Identify, research, rate and recommend current and potential major gift prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations); make recommendations for assignment based upon findings.
- Assist the development staff and the Manager, Prospect Development with the development of strategies to help determine academic priorities appropriately linked to fundraising, approaches and funding levels.
- Assist the Manager, Prospect Development to seek out new prospect trends, tools, and techniques and communicate these to other staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration and two to four years work experience conducting corporate and sector research analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of on-line retrieval services and internet search tools; experience using on-line commercial databases; understanding of search strategies and database content; ability to manipulate and retrieve data in a database structure –
- Good Knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and Outlook. (to work with documents and spreadsheets)
- Strong research skills and excellent knowledge of electronic information resources, the Internet, and print sources – particularly financial, business, and biographical sources.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation to end-users; basic knowledge (Level 3) spoken and written French to respond to general inquiries and questions.
- Reading comprehension of additional languages an asset.
- Superior knowledge of core business concepts with the ability to interpret and apply financial data.
- Evidence of the ability to analyse and synthesize information in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with standard references and development research techniques.
- Ability to interact well with others; customer focus.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and apply creative solutions.
- Integrity and professionalism; must demonstrate attention to accuracy and excellent judgment.
$67,314.00 to $80,389.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 28, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities