Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE – FINANCIAL SERVICES
ASSISTANT, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND TRAVEL DESK (50000708-P4850)
Deadline: January 25, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable, incumbent processes Account Payable and expense claim related documents in accordance with University policies. The incumbent handles ad-hoc requests from the department Manager and Supervisor and serves as a back-up for other Accounts Payable staff to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the unit.
- Administer and monitor vendor accounts to ensure adherence to Concordia Accounting and internal control practices and University policies. Ensure appropriate approval, follow up and processing of all related payments.
- Verify for compliance and completeness, and data enter all supplier invoices and payment requisitions and address all exceptions related to AP, to ensure payments are issued on a timely basis as per vendor payment terms, department procedures and deadlines.
- Verify accuracy of supplier invoices and communicate with suppliers to resolve any discrepancies. Ensure validity of vendor credits and post to system accordingly. Act as liaison between departments, Procurement Services and suppliers.
- Follow up on unreconciled invoices on timely bases in order to keep vendor accounts up to date.
- Communicate with suppliers, faculty/staff, students, guests regarding missing/incomplete information, approval, supporting documentation, PO change orders or inconsistencies related to invoices, payment requisitions, POs/BLs.
- Provide information, guidance and support to faculty and staff regarding the payment of supplier invoices.
- Data entry of non-employee expense reports to ensure accurate processing of non-employee expenses as per University policies and ensure timely reimbursements.
- Prepare accruals and adheres to Financial Services year-end procedures.
- Review and validate all travel and other expenditures (out-of-pocket, Corporate Travel Card and PCard) and ensure compliance with the University’s policy on Travel, Procurement, Research and other. Provide guidance and support to Faculty and Staff on travel, procurement, research and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Review and validate tax codes and allocations for all expense claims, by location and expense type indicators. Make adjustments as required.
- Interact with peers and various management levels to address any credit card or expense inquiries.
- Provide guidance and support to faculty and staff for travel and the expense management information system.
- Provide support to the team members as required by the AP Manager.
- Undertake other tasks related to the efficient and effective functioning of the Accounts Payable department as per the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university program) in a field related to the primary responsibilities, and two to four years of experience carrying out accounts payable and purchasing procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and as part of a team
- Good knowledge (Level 4) spoken and written English and French in order to respond to general inquiries from internal and external clients, write brief memorandums, notes and emails to both University faculty/staff as well as external parties
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create and format documents) and of Excel (to input and analyze spreadsheet data)
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy inputting numbers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
$28.12 - $33.84 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 25, 2022. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.