Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB)
ADVISOR, STUDENT EXCHANGE & ADVISING (50000888-P5361A)
Deadline: January 27, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Director, Academic and Student Affairs, Undergraduate Programs, the incumbent counsels and guides students regarding the Concordia student exchange program. The incumbent actively participates in fulfilling the international student exchange objectives of the Faculty.
- Prepares, maintains the files and registers incoming undergraduate exchange students as well as prepares and maintains dossiers for outgoing undergraduate exchange students.
- Answers inquiries and requests for additional information from potential outgoing exchange students in a timely manner and redirects requests to other departments when necessary.
- Liaises with accepted incoming exchange students to ensure a seamless registration.
- Plans and coordinates information sessions and workshops for outgoing exchange students
- Oversees development and administration of special projects and programs, including short-term summer programs and special topics summer courses
- Maintains course equivalencies database and JMSB’s Visiting & Exchange website
- Evaluates visiting, international, fee-paying student (VIFP) applications. Prepares admission documents and registers students. Liaises with departments (Student Accounts, Enrolment Services, and Transcripts Office) to initiate and maintain student’s program.
- Manages relationships with VIFP partners.
- Evaluates and processes outgoing visiting student applications.
- Assesses course approval requests from outgoing exchange students and produces course contracts.
- Collaborates with Concordia International on program development and special projects.
- Undertakes other tasks as required by the Senior Director, Academic & Student Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two to four years of relevant experience.
- Previous work experience in the study abroad programs and knowledge of Canadian and International educational systems and the University’s academic rules and regulations are assets.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with current students with faculty and staff members and on internal and external departments and committees.
- Proven writing, analytical and organization skills; the ability to work under pressure for extended periods of time, take initiative and work independently and also within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills in order to conduct information sessions to potential and current students.
- Must have a proven ability to coordinate projects and work within strict deadlines.
- May be asked to work flexible hours occasionally (e.g. special events, extraordinary circumstances).
- Familiarity with the JMSB’s undergraduate programs and knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS) are assets.
$74,676.27– $89,200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 27, 2022. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.