Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
COORDINATOR, PMO (P5874)
Deadline: October 22, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office (PMO), the incumbent supports the outstanding delivery of Facilities Management’s portfolios of projects, facilitates the integration of program management in the department and participates in continuous improvement efforts to reinforce the department strategies. He/she provides support to the PMO Manager and relevant University Steering Committees by documenting and informing on portfolio/program/project progress.
- Support the PMO Manager in the overall planning, management and administration of the PMO.
- Assist PMO Manager in managing the portfolio of construction projects, strategic initiatives and continuous improvement projects by updating project data and coordinating information from various collaborating units.
- Maintain and update prioritized project lists by organizing subcommittee meetings to review and rank projects; evaluate Facilities Management’s capacity to deliver ranked projects and make recommendations to PMO Manager on prioritized capacity.
- Provide support in establishing functional and efficient portfolio and program governance by liaising with project requestors, preparing governance meetings, writing meeting notes and following up on action items.
- Facilitate integration of programs by preparing and leading committee meetings, coordinating projects in various programs, and monitoring and controlling ongoing projects.
- Improve portfolio and program management methodology; standardize processes and document policy and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain project and program dashboards to monitor project and program performance and generate statistics on project and program advancement; prepare various reports and present information and recommendations.
- Participate in the definition, development and implementation of project management software solutions that integrate with other platforms and of a standard project management methodology.
- Participate in the improvement and development of project documentation organizational tools; support Facilities Management staff in daily use of these tools to ensure adequate implementation and ensure the proper evolution of the project documentation archiving system.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned by the PMO Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and two to four years of relevant job experience.
- Masters in Project Management an asset.
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMP) an asset.
- Experience within an institutional-educational environment and a PMO in a large corporation desirable.
- Experience using Microsoft Project and Project Management tools.
- Solid understanding of Project Management Methodology, skills and concepts.
- Excellent project management practice, experience and training.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate with clients, to respond with sensitivity to queries and to issue reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional rigor and thoroughness
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, handle multiple demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships across a large institution.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with diverse groups of people.
- Customer-orientation with ability to anticipate potential problems and address them proactively.
- Superior analytical problem-solving ability.
$60,610.55 - $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 22, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities