Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROPERTY MANAGER (C4634)
Deadline: October 18, 2019
This posting represents a five-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Property Management, the incumbent manages a portfolio of buildings to ensure optimal operation, maintenance and client service and ensures efficient administrative, property and contract management. He/she coordinates daily with the management and has “functional” authority over all Property management operational service units.
- Manage a portfolio of buildings and client relationships including building occupants, users and tenants; interact with a multidisciplinary team in a unionized environment and ensure optimal customer service, implement best practices and efficient resource utilization.
- Work with management colleagues to plan, assign and review work; evaluate work completed; coordinate activities, and maintain service standards to ensure a safe and comfortable environment is available for users.
- Recommend the provision of Property Management and services to the academic and administrative units concerning all aspects of building maintenance and operations; provide business cases and analyze alternatives for various projects and initiatives to meet services standards, budgets and client expectations.
- Develop annual goals, objectives and work standards; implement, execute and monitor work plans and procedures to achieve these goals while identifying and implementing continuous quality improvements aimed at increasing customer satisfaction.
- Participate, oversee, administer and monitor programs for procurement, budgets, deferred maintenance activities, client requirements, and recommend the allocation of funds to established Property Management priorities.
- Manage the impact of building renovation and maintenance projects, commission to ensure seamless building operations integration; work collaboratively with the Project Management and other Facilities Management departments group to oversee the integration of newly renovated spaces and projects.
- Administer and monitor various service contracts, as well as oversee the monitoring of serviced equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, protection systems and elevators) to ensure compliance with building, health and safety code requirements.
- Negotiate scope and scheduling of remedial work requested by external agencies such as the Regie des Batiments, CSST, EH&S, and municipal fire departments, as well as oversee work undertaken until completed adequately.
- Recommend current and proposed maintenance and building projects, as well as actions on deferred maintenance issues.
- Develop and recommend long-range maintenance and preventive maintenance schedules for facilities and equipment; propose effective communication strategies for advising customers and stakeholders about plans and projects.
- Serve as a member of various University committees such as the Central Advisory Health & Safety Committee, Labour Relations Committee, Faculty council member and various ad-hoc working groups; represent the Sr. Director on specific committees.
- Draft plans for disaster prevention and for emergency preparedness for the purposes of business continuity planning and manages emergency response for University facilities; serve as a member of the University’s Emergency Management Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and four to seven years of experience in Property/Facility management including two years of supervisory experience and two years of experience in preventive and corrective maintenance as well as managing user requests for facilities services.
- Permit holding member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (three year-technical DEC) in a recognized trade desirable.
- Real Property Administrator or BOMA (Building and Owner Management Association) certification or certification in facility or property management desirable.
- PMP Certification is an asset.
- Proven ability to manage and supervise using sound principles and practices in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets while observing sound administrative principles.
- Knowledge of building, fire, and safety codes.
- Excellent organization, project management and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to bring tasks to successful completion on budget and within stipulated timelines.
- Knowledge of building system design, operations, and maintenance procedures and methods, materials, equipment and operating practices in HVAC and building maintenance repair.
- Basic knowledge of Word (able to input text), good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel (able to format spreadsheets and do simple formulas for budgeting purposes); knowledge of Maximo maintenance software,
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to communicate clearly and effectively; Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and communication skills in order to build strong teams and formal links to the University community.
- Commitment to excellence in providing quality service to internal and external customers, including Concordia employees and external regulators.
- Availability to work extended shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary to meet event needs and in the case of emergencies available 24/7.
$100,904.00 - $117,031.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 18, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities