Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P5873)
Deadline: October 18, 2019
Reporting to the Property Managers, Facilities Management and functionally to the Managers, Facilities Management, the incumbent maintains the daily operations of a Building Portfolio and acts as a resource to the Property Management unit.
- Provide front-line and support services, contribute to the Procurement to pay, consolidate and prepare invoices for approval, meet with internal & external stakeholders including multiples vendors for Property Management.
- Ensure that the departmental office runs smoothly by responding to, and directing, incoming mail, e-mail, and phone or in-person enquiries from the University community, and external organizations.
- Coordinate with the Managers and Supervisors the Procurement to pay process and ensure that the policies and procedures are met.
- Request and receipt quotes, create web requisitions, prepare change orders, get necessary approvals and liaise with Stakeholders in a timely manner; maintain inventory and order supplies.
- Prepare invoices ready for receiving and approvals by matching appropriate contractual documents and related work order, and process for payment as per departmental procedures.
- Coordinate with the Managers and Supervisors with the P-Card reconciliation, follow-up with vendors, and track expenses in financial systems (Millennium).
- Maintain an organized filing system of print and digital documents.
- Provide back-up to the other Administrative Assistants, Property Management, when needed.
- Retrieve and organize data for the preparation of reports, documents and logs, and prepare documentation for distribution to committees. Collect, receive, prepare and circulate On-Call schedules, and Open/Close activities calendars for periods of reduced operations.
- Provide support for Property Management staff; Format and write a variety of correspondence, reports, charts, tables, minutes, signage and other documentation and arrange for their filing, distribution and/or presentation.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2-year pre-university DEC) in a relevant field and two to four years of work related experience.
- Good knowledge of the Procure-to-Pay process and ability to process financial and accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of building operations is essential.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
N/A *Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and the associate salary range is $28.18 to $33.90 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 18, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities