Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (C1941)
Deadline: October 16, 2019
This position represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Lifelong Learning (AVPLL), the incumbent provides coordination and support for projects undertaken by Lifelong Learning to facilitate project execution and delivery. He/she follows project management processes and documents project progress through reports and tracking files.
- Support the AVPLL by working with project manager to coordinate project activities and ensure that the steps of the project management process run smoothly.
- Collaborate with projects’ stakeholders, collect, compose and disseminate project information on a regular basis.
- Synthesize project information, monitor progress of projects, prepare project status reports and perform project administration tasks (track project output, budget and resource utilization, etc.)
- Raise project management issues in a timely manner and make recommendations on appropriate actions and responses.
- Prepare and update various project documents, including but not limited to the project schedule and project-tracking files, using established templates under the guidance of the project manager.
- Organize and attend meetings.
- Maintain close collaboration with consultants and ecosystem partners, answering inquiries and communicating requests and/or updates.
- Marketing team resource on the visibility and external communications for projects, providing information as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Management, Education, Educational Technology, Information Sciences, Business Technology Management) and two to four years of related experience.
- Project management certification desirable (CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2)
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to write reports, to give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and deal with people in situations that require accurate use of both languages.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Excellent communication, decision-making, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness, as well as flexibility and adaptability working in complex and changing environment.
- Ability to contribute to a positive team work environment.
- High standard of work performance, seeking advice and expertise of others.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year to meet deadlines.
$60,610.55 - $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 16, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities