Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE – FINANCIAL SERVICES
ASSISTANT, SPECIAL ACCOUNTS (C4698)
Deadline: October 1, 2019
This posting represent a contract position effective until December 23, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable, the incumbent administers and supports the day-to-day operations of the department, ensures accurate data entry and monitors and processes invoices. He/she also performs tasks related to the functioning of the University’s corporate card program and provides support to the unit to ensure the proper functioning of the Accounts Payable Department.
- Administer and monitor vendor accounts to ensure adherence to Concordia Accounting practices and University policies. Ensure appropriate approval, follow up and processing of all related payments.
- Review for compliance and completeness, tax codes, validate appropriate receiving records for all supplier invoices assigned to them. Use the financial system to match, verify and schedule payments to ensure payments are issued on a timely basis as per department procedures and deadlines.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors, ensure validity of vendor credits and applies these credits to appropriate internal accounts and act as a liaison between departments, Procurement Services and suppliers.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices on timely bases in order to keep vendor accounts up to date.
- Communicate with suppliers, faculty/staff regarding missing/incomplete information, approval, supporting documentation, PO change orders or pricing/quantity or inconsistencies related to invoices, POs/BLs.
- Provide information, guidance and support to faculty and staff regarding the corporate card program.
- Process new card requests, limit increases/decreases and other requests related to the ongoing maintenance of corporate card accounts.
- Review, code and process low dollar value corporate card expense reports ($500 and under) and ensure compliance with University travel/conference policy and Procurement policy.
- Initiate and analyze corporate card delinquent report. Communicate and follow up with delinquent cardholders to ensure card accounts are kept in good standing.
- Communicate with cardholders regarding missing documentation, approvals and other inconsistencies to ensure corporate card expense reports are complete and accurate.
- Provide support to the corporate card administrator as required.
- Undertakes other tasks related to the efficient and effective functioning of the Accounts Payable department as per the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibility and two to four years of experience carrying out accounts payable and purchasing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to respond to general inquiries from internal and external clients, write brief memorandums, notes and emails to both University faculty/staff as well as external parties.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create and format documents) and of Excel (to input and analyze spreadsheet data).
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy inputting numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
$28.87 to $34.72 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 1, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities