Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, RECRUITMENT TOURS AND EVENTS (C1940)
Deadline: October 1, 2019
This posting represents a full-time two-year contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the incumbent organizes the on-campus prospective student experience via the campus tour program, coordinates major on-campus events and meets with prospective students and their families/influences.
- Oversee the daily activities as it pertains to the unit that are under the purview of the Manager including follow-ups as it pertains to the Welcome Center, campus tour activities and general logistics for Open House events.
- Coordinate the Hospitality and Facilities functions for on-campus recruitment events.
- Design, plan, staff, implement, analyze and evaluate on campus events. Hire, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate student employees.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, use judgment and institutional knowledge to follow-up and contribute to recruitment activities.
- Act as a liaison and advocate on behalf of individual prospective students and applicants in collecting information and finding answers to questions.
- In collaboration with other University recruiters, ensure campus visits highlight the Concordia experience and aligns with current recruitment objectives.
- Monitor tour participant feedback and recommend program changes to improve visitor experience.
- Represent Concordia at undergraduate recruitment/liaison events.
- Upkeep communication tools such as website, social media, and advise on approach to student initiatives.
- Assign and manage event concepts, suppliers, casual staff and relevant departments to ensure budget and desired results will be met.
- Advise potential students and/or staff concerning difficult situations, issues and/or new policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to two years of related experience including experience in event planning.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel and basic knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Sensitivity to students` concerns.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours during peak periods.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
$55,664.71 - $66,485.46 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 1, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities