Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
ADVISOR, PROGRAM REVIEW (P5637)
Deadline: September 23, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Director, Integration, with a dotted line reporting to two Vice-Provosts, the incumbent provides leadership at the institutional level for strategic priorities and objectives related to the academic program review process, including its alignment with Strategic Enrolment Management (SEM), and to other special initiatives in the Office of the Provost and VP, Academic. The incumbent makes recommendations to the Vice-Provosts in the development, planning and decision-making of strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement plans and process for regular academic program reviews.
- Identify, assess, and align program reviews with strategic enrolments planning goals in collaboration with the Vice-Provost, Innovation in Teaching and Learning (VPITL) and the Vice-Provost, Planning and Positioning (VPPP).
- Analyse programs and advise on opportunities for curricular pathways and other collaborations with Cégeps in collaboration with the VPPP,
- Lead the content development and update of the VPITL website and structure.
- Plan communications and reporting structure for SEM-related initiatives and opportunities.
- Lead activities on behalf of the Curriculum committee on Sustainability, including meeting all benchmarks for the Action Plan and coordinating meetings for the TLRS committees.
- Establish communication processes with units collaborating with the VPITL on special initiatives.
- Review French and English documents, correspondence, brochures, announcements, and any other material relevant to the program review process or other special projects.
- Lead special initiatives and projects on behalf of the VPPP and VPITL.
- Represent the University and the VPPP and VPITL on relevant internal and external committees and at relevant events and activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a field pertinent and four to seven years of related experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across sectors, with faculty members and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to bring projects to successful and timely completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Quebec and Canadian educational systems; knowledge of the Quebec Cégep system is an asset.
- Understanding of curriculum design and development processes and practice is an asset.
- Very good knowledge of (Level 5) spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with internal and external bodies and to draft reports, recommendations and to make presentations.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create elaborate documents, spreadsheets, and presentations; knowledge of the Millennium Fast Suite, Microsoft Project, and Tableau Software is an asset.
- Demonstrated large-scale project-management skills and experience using management tools.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and decision-making skills, with the ability to innovate and establish priorities.
- Superior interpersonal, relation-building and communication/presentation skills; proven ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, and problem-solving skills to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills, and ability to synthesize large volumes of data.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to motivate people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content management and design.
- Proven leadership, team building and influencing skills.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 23, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities