Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
MANAGER, CONSULTING TEAM (P5870)
Deadline: September 9, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Director, Project Management, the incumbent provides project consulting services from the project feasibility and planning stages through to the construction delivery. The incumbent oversees a team that provides technical expertise for all the construction project portfolios at the University.
- Manage the consulting expertise for all portfolios of projects in Project Management including renovations, infrastructure renewals, small projects and new construction in collaboration with other Project Management managers as well as the the Strategic Planning, Property Management and PMO teams.
- Manage the workload and priorities for the internal consulting team composed of architects, engineers, interior designers, signage and move coordinators and technical staff.
- Define strategies for mandating external professionals required to provide feasibility studies and consulting expertise for specific deliverables in collaboration with other managers. Provide a quality review of deliverables and professionals.
- Establish standardized internal requirements to successfully align overall project requirements through feedback from other project management teams and internal partners.
- Manage the coordination of timelines with other managers for furniture, signage and move requirements. Ensure the team defines, tenders and coordinates timely delivery of these components of the project.
- Ensure good practices in project management are integrated in tools and that the team is trained and following recognized PMI standards; collaborate to develop and improve standardized tools, procedures and templates for the consulting team in project management.
- Oversee the prepararation and management of public tenders for professionals (architects, engineers, signage, commissioning, etc.) in collaboration with the managers of the construction portfolios and procurement services.
- Develop project estimates as required and maintain a database for all overall project costs including specifics for furniture, move and signage.
- Produce monthly status reports for the program of projects and individual project status reports for major projects.
- Upon request, manage special projects including administrative projects for the Senior Director, Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or in a related field and four to seven years of relevant job experience, ideally in a supervisory position in unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Experience with institutional-educational projects and/or with building systems design, operation and maintenance, an asset.
- Permit holding member, in good standing, of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, the Ordre des Architectes du Québec, or another equivalent professional association.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) professional certification desirable.
- Sound knowledge of building codes, construction practice, laws and procedures, governmental regulations and construction costs and estimates.
- Excellent project management practice, experience and training with a track record of planning and managing projects on-time and on-budget while maintaining quality services.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with teams under direct supervision.
- Client orientation with ability to anticipate potential problems and address them proactively.
- Proven stakeholder management skills and excellent negotiating , interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of office systems, MS project and project management tools in a PC environment.
$100,858 - $116,984 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 9, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities