Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
MANAGER, OFFICE OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (C1939)
Deadline: September 4, 2019
This posting represents a one (1) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Senior Director of the Office of Community Engagement & Interim Director of the SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation (‘the Director’), the incumbent oversees the Office of Community Engagement (OCE) and its mandate to support, connect, promote and celebrate existing and new community-university partnerships, programs and achievements.
- Direct the daily operations of the Office of Community Engagement’s programs and services.
- Supervise and manage the workload and quality of work of the staff to meet the needs of the Office as well as supporting the unit’s strategic and operational development.
- Assess the effectiveness of programs and make quality improvement recommendations to the Director.
- Oversee an effective communications strategy, which includes the Community Engagement Hub website, social media, media relations and the production of the unit’s annual report.
- Manage the unit’s budget and report any variances to the Director.
- Liaise with external stakeholders (community organizations, other institutional community engagement offices, foundations, etc.) as relevant to the OCE’s mandate.
- Liaise with stakeholders within the University to leverage strategic opportunities and optimize coherence of OCE programs with academic priorities.
- Provide leadership by serving as a dedicated University resource to advance community engagement at an institutional level by ensuring that the topic remains top of mind and vital.
- Convene and lead a cross-institution team of city-engaged/community-engaged Concordians so as to further our impact-focused community-engagement efforts in our public innovation spaces and throughout the city.
- Work closely with academic leadership to ensure community engagement activities are intimately linked with the university’s core teaching and research activities.
- Represent the Office of Community Engagement on relevant internal and external committees.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of experience in a related field with at least two years in a supervisory role.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collegially with internal staff and external leaders.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French in order to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with both the university environment and community sector.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with grassroots organizations and marginalized groups and people.
- Must possess sound judgment and keen sense of discretion.
$86,551.00 – $100,376.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 4, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities