Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FRONT-END DEVELOPER (C1936)
Deadline: November 11, 2019
This position represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent supports the Digital Strategy’s Concordia Hub project by building and coding user interfaces, and creating new user functionality within Concordia’s web content management system. He/she translates visual mock-ups into working components of the AEM platform, ensuring trouble free coding that respects norms and anticipates all platforms to be used. The Concordia Hub project is part of the University’s Digital Strategy: http://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/concordia-hub.html
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs, creating and contributing to implementation strategies.
- Create prototypes based on mock-ups from UX Designer/Content Developer and Project Manager/IA and improve functionality through iterative development cycles.
- Build and implement enhanced front-end features including site navigation, layout of content, and various interface elements, into web pages, applications, and reusable templates and components.
- Develop, code, test, and debug the frontend of web pages, templates, components, and applications using appropriate tools, programming languages, and technologies.
- Create testing plans and perform quality assurance on all new and existing features and functionalities.
- Ensure that all web pages work on all supported web browsers and mobile devices, and meet accessibility standards.
- Build reusable and efficient code for future use.
- Help automate and simplify design and content production processes through the use of technology and workflows.
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager Web Communications, or Project Manager/Information Architect.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline and two to four years of experience in web development and design.
- Familiarity with various front-end frameworks desirable (such as jQuery, React, etc)
- Good working knowledge of UX/UI and experience with Adobe experience Manager (AEM) are assets.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to be able to train faculty and staff members; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to communicate with university community.
- Experiencing creating test plans, documenting technical issues, and performing quality assurance testing.
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in web development and design, web services, mobile applications, and usability.
- Experience with version control systems, advanced knowledge of enterprise level web content management systems.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of how to combine new technology with creative innovations.
$ 70,835.00- $ 84,599.00 Per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 11, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities