Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UX DESIGNER (C1937)
Deadline: November 8, 2019
This position represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent supports the quality and timely delivery of the Digital Strategy’s Concordia Hub project using user-centered design to advance project goals. He/She analyses, coordinates, advises on and designs web pages pertaining to the Concordia Hub project. The Concordia Hub project is part of the University’s Digital Strategy: http://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/concordia-hub.html
- Evaluate existing web content and create plans to optimize and improve it based on current best practices in web communications and UX, and pre-defined communications goals.
- Use web analytics data to create informed content and design decisions, and communicate findings to the Concordia Hub team.
- Review, edit and improve web copy so that information is clear and concise, and make appropriate changes in page structure and design to ensure communication goals are being met.
- Evaluate usability, accessibility and standards compliance of sites and services through heuristic evaluations, web usage reports and user testing.
- Create design mock-ups and proof-of-concepts (POC) of web pages and sections for the University’s website.
- Apply current UX tools & methodologies to aid in decision making, and share results with all Concordia Hub team members in a clear and concise way.
- Design web pages using the appropriate technologies to ensure universal accessibility and mobile friendliness.
- Consult with clients regarding their content and communications needs, as well as propose changes to their web content.
- Develop content strategy to ensure that web pages are optimized for current SEO standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities with over seven years of experience working in UX/UI with strong knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Experience defining user journeys for large websites,
- Experience working with complex taxonomies.
- UX/UI certification desirable (NNg/HFI).
- Experience working in higher education and knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) are assets.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, digital imaging and illustration and wire framing/mockup software.
- Experience working in content management systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French spoken and written.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
$ 84,040.00- $ 100,379.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 8, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities