Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR UNDERGRADUATE SERVICE TEAM ASSISTANT (P4113B)
Deadline: August 29, 2019
Reporting to the Undergraduate and Graduate Service Team Supervisor, the incumbent maintains undergraduate student records and performs the assessment and follow-up of graduation applications. He/she also coordinates the daily activities of the Service Team Assistants.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of the Service Team Assistants to ensure assigned tasks are carried out; provide training as required.
- Evaluate incoming graduation applications and determine whether the applicant has satisfied all requirements to obtain a certificate or degree; compute the graduation Grade Point Average and select potential candidates for graduation awards; populate and maintain the graduation database and degree audit system.
- Ensure that supporting documents required for a student’s file are obtained from the appropriate sources and are collated in a readily retrievable and approved standard format in a timely manner.
- Review and update the student record using the Student Information System (SIS) and correct errors that are identified; adapt work techniques to accommodate policy changes.
- Respond to requests from students, faculty and staff. Refer students to appropriate source as required.
- Confer with academic departments with regards to the student record and graduation related matters.
- Build Independent, INTU, Visiting and Exchange student programs.
- Process documents related to graduation and/or letter requests in accordance with established guidelines, including coding on the SIS, barcoding the documents and preparing them to be scanned.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two-year DEC) and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty; basic spoken French (level 3) to answer to general inquiries.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create documents). Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Keen attention to details; sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in order to support and participate in the implementation of projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to coordinate a small work group with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
$31.56 to $37.95 *Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE248-14A and that the associated salary range is $31.56 to $37.95 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 29, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities