Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
EMPLOYMENT ADVISOR (P1985)
Deadline: August 21, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Employment, the incumbent sources, recruits and hires non-academic staff. He/she also provides advice and expertise to employees and managers in regards to all aspects of recruitment, selection and movement. In addition, the incumbent advises managers in the development of employees in regards to their position, as well as recruitment processes.
- Advise Concordia management on sourcing, selection, hiring and employee development mandates; advise employees on matters related to their movement, development and contribution.
- Provide thorough and comprehensive employment and selection services from the initiation of the recruitment process to supporting the integration and orientation of new employees, promotions and transfers.
- Identify appropriate sourcing channels (sites, headhunters, social media, etc), post positions, create customized interview booklets for clients, support variety of interview testing, carry out references, draft employment contracts, salary calculations and offers
- In close collaboration with other HR Units and Concordia management personnel, apply terms and conditions of collective agreements and domain best practices in support of enhancing the contribution of Concordia employees
- Analyze and synthesizes recruitment and development data to monitor performance and support institutional decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a relevant field and a minimum of four to seven years of related work experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate and provide detailed information to internal and external clients.
- Basic knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to format documents and data, create spreadsheets and prepare presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills essential.
- High energy and proven capacity to build trust and strong, positive and collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to interact with staff at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Results and client oriented, and possess good political acumen.
$ 72,907.00 - $ 84,553.00 Per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 21, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities