Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, VICE-PRESIDENT, ADVANCEMENT (P5704)
Deadline: August 14, 2019
Reporting to the Vice-President, Advancement, the incumbent acts as a primary resource person responsible for the scheduling of meetings and file preparation of the Vice-President, Advancement, most of which are of a particularly sensitive nature. He/She provides administrative and logistical support to the Vice-President, Advancement,
- Manage the agenda of the Vice-President; schedule internal and external meetings; screen and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Prepare dossiers for the Vice-President, including creation, compilation and analysis of data and information in preparation of external and internal dossiers.
- Review incoming correspondence, e-mails, and internal communications addressed to the Vice-President; bring non-routine matters to the attention of the Vice-President
- Compose and proofread a variety of correspondence and documents (French and English) for the Vice-President, including research, writing, reviewing and/or editing, in preparation of external and internal correspondence.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements and process travel forms, prepare expense documents and submit insurance claims.
- Liaise with internal and external bodies, individuals and groups of which the Vice-President is a member, including the Campaign Cabinet.
- Brief the Vice-President on a daily basis to ensure that appropriate action or follow-up is taken on pending dossiers and issues requiring his/her attention.
- May act as a secretary to various committees established by or reporting to, the Vice-President as required.
- Draft notices, agenda, gathers and assembles documents for distribution to members, records minutes, follows-up on action items, schedules and arranges for meeting space and catering; Maintain membership and address lists of various committees.
- Prepare, process and submit invoices and various forms (journal, transfers, cheque requisitions, expense reports, petty cash and budget documents); act as liaison between the Vice-President’s office and Financial Services unit on all routine financial activity.
- Coordinate invitations and attendance of high profile individuals at events hosted by the Vice-President.
- Undertake special projects assigned by the Vice President.
- Diploma of College Studies (3 year Technical program) in Office Technology or in a relevant field and over seven years of relevant experience working with senior management.
- Work experience in non-profit sectors, especially institutions of higher learning desirable.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) spoken and written English and French in order to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (format documents, do mail merges, create macros) Excel (create spreadsheets and charts, use mathematical and financial functions) and Outlook (manage and organize e-mail messages, schedules, tasks, contacts, and other information). Basic knowledge of PowerPoint and Acrobat Reader.
- Superior communication and organizational skills, discreet, conscientious, capable of taking initiative and ability to multitask; ability to work in a team; attention to customer service.
- Ability to work autonomously and to be discreet when discussing confidential information.
$79,080.00 - $91,741.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 14, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities