Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES (UCS)
CONTENT MARKETING SPECIALIST (C4695)
Deadline: August 12, 2019
This posting represents a temporary contract effective until February 20, 2022.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, Manager Strategic Content Team, the incumbent manages and executes the creation of a variety of content on various platforms. He/she works collaboratively with internal teams and freelancers and advises internal clients on best approaches and best practices.
- Create and optimize content that aligns with Concordia’s content strategy, strategic learning and research priorities that improve and maintain the university’s reputation.
- Advise and consult with internal UCS teams and university clients on content best practices and approaches.
- Write, edit, review, optimize and/or coordinate the production of a wide range of content including web content, blog content, news stories, newsletters and other e-marketing initiatives, ad copy, content for digital screens, video/audio scripts/storyboards, and content for the Concordia app as well as other platforms.
- Create and optimize web pages, landing pages and other kinds of web real estate to ensure the success of various digital marketing/communications campaigns.
- Oversee, manage, create content and make content updates on web pages owned by UCS.
- Collaborate with UCS Directors and Managers, Coordinators, Communications Advisors, members of the Public Affairs team, Digital Content Advisors, Graphic Designers, Photographers, Videographers, Translators and subject matter experts from academic and administrative units to create/source content and execute projects and initiatives.
- Proactively seek out academic and administrative areas for further development or key projects that would assist in enhancing the university’s digital visibility and profile.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, PR, Journalism or in a related field and two to four years of experience in digital marketing/communications, SEO/SEM, social media and/or web.
- Proven experience in producing engaging content for the web as well as channel-specific knowledge.
- Experience in website creation with large-scale, web content management system.
- Understanding of the customer journey and how to produce content and CTAs for the marketing funnel.
- Strong storytelling and writing skills.
- Understanding of SEO, SEM principles; understanding of and experience with social media platforms.
- Understanding of goal-setting and conversion tracking.
- Understanding of web and social media re-targeting.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to review, modify and create content; basic knowledge (Level 3) of French, spoken and written.
- Good design sense and skills.
- Experience in UI/UX and web optimization for paid social media and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of social media, SEO/SEM metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated sense of creativity and innovation; ability to stay abreast of digital trends.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, client-focused, verbal/written communication, leadership and multitasking skills.
- Diplomatic, tactful, creative and dynamic; able to analyze a problem and take initiative.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff members, as well as students.
- Availability to work outside normal operating hours.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 12, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities